Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Beauty Staples

Despite the fact that I am a fanatic about trying new products (my mom and I hit up the new Sephora back home quite a bit this past weekend), there are a few staples in my beauty arsenal that rarely change. Once a week I get questions about what products I recommend, and here are just a few of my favorite basics. Give 'em a try and let me know what you think!

*Best Make-up Remover - Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes - I've tried several liquid products, but hands down this is my favorite way to remove foundation, eye liner, even waterproof mascara. Great for sensitive skin, it also works wonders for late Saturday nights when you're just too lazy to wash your face.




*Best Leave-in Conditioner - John Frieda Root Awakening Detangling Spray - With peppermint and natural eucalyptus, it not only smells amazing, but it strengthens hair with protein while making it feel unbelievably silky. And at just $6 it's easy on the beauty budget and you can pick it up at Target or Walmart.



*Best Shine Spray - Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine is my favorite shine enhancing hair product. Great especially for color-treated blondes, this little blue bottle creates instant shine. Rub a little extra on ends of hair for added shine. This is a bit of a splurge at $20 - but lasts a long time.
**Tip -- spray on hands and then rub through hair to avoid product overload.



*Best Regular Face Wash - Clean & Clear's Deep Action Cleansing Cream - A staple in my shower since 9th grade, this is the perfect face wash to remove dirt, oil and makeup without overdrying skin. I've always been obsessed with the smell too! This isn't the only face wash I use, but for summertime this is my go-to.
**Tip - doubles as a great shaving cream!



What are some of your beauty staples?

3 comments:

  1. Great beauty blog with great prices on products but you should have mentioned your splurge mascara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I splurge on DiorShow Mascara in Black. It lengthens, thickens, and really opens up my eyes. I can never go back to normal mascara again!

    ReplyDelete